(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
Your Complete Guide to Nutrition for Weight Loss Surgery is exactly that. The essential guide for those considering, or who have had gastric band, sleeve or bypass surgeries.
Your Complete Guide combines appetising, healthy and simple recipes, the knowledge of an experienced dietitian, input from a wide range of colleagues in the industry, and many, many lessons learned from weight loss surgery patients over the last 15 years.
This book has two components, the ‘theory’ aspects of weight loss surgery and the recipes.
To help you gain a better understanding of weight loss surgery the Complete Guide is broken into the following sections:
- Gastric Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgeries, as it is important to have a basic understanding of the surgery you have had, or are having, how it works and how it needs to be managed. Each surgery has its own unique aspects that you need to understand for long-term success.
- Preparing for Surgery and Recovering from Surgery to ensure the safest possible preparation and outcome, with recipes to help you practically at this time.
- Food Fundamentals Following Weight Loss Surgery explores the eating techniques, habits and food choices to ensure a varied and nutritious diet that promotes weight loss and maintaining that weight loss. This section is completed with a range of healthy, yet tasty recipes, which can be used long term to promote good health.
- Troubleshooting and Common Complaints deals with some of the potential hiccups you may encounter along your journey.
- Nutritional Impacts of Weight Loss Surgery and Supplementation describes the common nutrient deficiencies that can occur following weight loss surgery and the nutrition supplements recommended for each surgery type.
Whilst it is good to have a basic understanding of the theory behind nutrition and weight loss surgery, you will get most enjoyment from over 100 tasty recipes throughout the book. Volunteers who have had various forms of weight loss surgery were also involved in ‘road testing’ the recipes. Their feedback is also incorporated and their comments included.
The recipes are not only for those who have had weight loss surgery, but are generally acceptable for family and friends. Suggestions to modify serve sizes for those who have not had surgery are included.
Publisher:Sally Johnston (March 18, 2020)
Publication date:March 18, 2020
File size:111925 KB
Print length:427 pages